Parents considering St Oswald’s school for their child are very welcome to arrange to view the school during a regular school day. This will give parents the chance to have a look around the school, find out more about us and ask any questions you may have. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
The school’s Admissions Policy can be found below:
First Admission to Reception Class
Parents who wish to apply for a place for their child for the September Reception Class intake will need to apply online to Warrington Borough Council. Please visit the website www.warrington.gov.uk/admissions to view the primary school information booklet, supporting information and the online application form. The closing date for applications for September 2018 is midnight on 15 January 2018. You will also need to complete the school’s own application form and the Archdiocese Supplementary Faith form. These two forms are available below and should be returned directly to the school once completed. Forms are also available to collect from the school office.
If you are successful in securing a Reception place for your child, shortly after you receive the offer letter you will be invited to attend two Induction Sessions in the summer term.
During the first session you will be advised of the induction arrangements for the children’s first few weeks in school. These first few weeks are an important stage in the transition from Nursery to Primary School and initially the children will attend for half days only.
If you wish to apply for a place to transfer your child from another school, you will need to contact the Warrington Borough Council Admissions Team at email@example.com or on 01925 446226. Alternatively contact the school directly on 01925 813015 for details on class vacancies and to arrange a visit.
Where the number of applications exceeds the number of available places, the following agreed oversubscription criteria will be applied.
- Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children.
- Baptised Catholic children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
- Baptised Catholic children resident in the parish of St Oswald.
- Other baptised Catholic children.
- Other children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
- Children from other Christian denominations. Proof of Baptism in the form of a Baptismal Certificate or confirmation in writing that the applicant is a member of their Faith community from an appropriate Minister of Religion is required.
- Children of other faiths. An appropriate Faith Leader would need to confirm in writing that the applicant is a member of their faith group.
- Other children.